White PR with copper feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Like my fellow countryman, Brad...I also managed to get a little shop time eventually.
A rollerball with white PR with copper metal bits.

It seems to have a bit of identity crisis. Not sure that the Panachesque cap goes with the rest of it, but I was trying out a different method, so hey ho:rolleyes:

I think copper is worse than aluminium to work with...:frown:

Attachments

• DSCF0933.JPG
    DSCF0933.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCF0934.JPG
    DSCF0934.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 231
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Copper is awful to work with. Expands and contracts for fun... very sticky compared to aluminium or brass

Very nice on the eye though skip. Gets my vote :)

Mr Vic

Very, very, very nice. How's it write? Looks like a pretty dramatic decrease in diameter from the body to the nib section. The feathers are spot on, 6 segments?

stonepecker

Everything I thought of has already been said.

I will say ...... Breathtaking!

Love the copper color. Have you ever tryed mixing metals in one pen? Just thinking out loud.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I love it! But, I won't be talked out of using copper :biggrin: I demand the right to find out myself :biggrin: Did you use the saw? Oh....the peanutchie cap is fine with me :wink::biggrin: Glad to see a pen!!!!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks again for the kind comments. Always appreciated.:biggrin:

I love it! But, I won't be talked out of using copper :biggrin: I demand the right to find out myself :biggrin: Did you use the saw? Oh....the peanutchie cap is fine with me :wink::biggrin: Glad to see a pen!!!!

Looks like someone is feeling better..?:biggrin:

Chuck, I used a slit saw in the lathe. The blank was mounted on a rotary table, which was mounted on a vertical slide. I think I took a pic, but I'm in bed already...( early start in the morning.:redface:)
My mill is just too small to make cuts like that. .......Hindsight :rolleyes:

Mr Vic, yep I agree. The transition is a bit more than I envisaged, but the nib is long enough so the step isn't in the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom