White Dinner Jacket

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

This pen has been floating around in my head for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I got some good advice on segmenting from IAP members and decided it was time to make a segmented blank using acrylic and aluminum. Just in case I have to wear a white dinner jacket, I have a pen to match. Let me know what y'all think.

Ben

Attachments

• white dinner jacket.jpg
    white dinner jacket.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 334
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monark88

This pen has been floating around in my head for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I got some good advice on segmenting from IAP members and decided it was time to make a segmented blank using acrylic and aluminum. Just in case I have to wear a white dinner jacket, I have a pen to match. Let me know what y'all think.

Ben

what is the thickness of the aluminum. It was a perfect balance to the rest of barrel/pen. A classy looking pen.
russ

jttheclockman

Now I like things like this for its simplicity and yet its elegance. It has a classy look because the combination of silver and white and black are always a good fit. What I like to try to do is whatever the inside material is I like to double the thickness of the outer rings. I like proportions. Thanks for showing. Job well done and now you are hooked.:)

BKelley

In reply to Monark88, the thickness of the aluminum is .020. Quite a bit thicker than the soft drink cans. My choice would have been nickel-silver, but it was a little hard, so I went to the aluminum. I still have some other designs I want to try as time permits. Thanks for the kind words.

Ben

Top Bottom