White Corian Jr Gents Ballpoint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

corian king

I also like working with corian and the other hardsurface materials.I use to do alot of shows and out of 10 sells at least 7 would be corian.
Great job Sir! nice pen.

KDM

I thought I'd cut the barrell too short and I was worried that the ball refill would be too long, but the spring takes up the slack. Really pleased with the finished product.

PenMan1

Beautiful pen and very nice workmanship. But I believe you built a bona fide rollerball instead of a ballpoint. My preference!

KDM

Close to the ends of the cap and barrel, I always get a little portion of the material which is a lighter colour than the middle. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? It's normally where I turn the taper in quite steeply. I think either the tool angle is wrong, the speed is wrong or the material is coming away from the pen tube. When I'm turning the ends, it also smells more like melted plastic than normal. Any thoughts?

KDM

Does anyone have any sources of the thicker Corian? The 12mm stuff is plentiful here in the UK, but this was made from a one-off 18mm piece. I understand 24mm can also be found.

Top Bottom