White Coconut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from webmonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmonk

This is another one of the "Tropical" kits out there, again I ditched the fat tropical pen kit that comes with the blank for the thinner style. I had to turn almost all the way down into the coconut to make this one fit.

20070131-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

webmonk

Thanks for the kind words everyone! ;)

@OSCAR15: Here's the link that has a pretty good picture/explanation of which part of the coconut it's from - http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/Berea_Hardwoods_Tropical_Pen_Kit_Images.htm

I actually bought mine from Woodcraft and there it's called the Tropical WallStreetII. The Tropical WS2 kits are fatter though and I'm not sure what the gold plating is, but it looked a little cheap to me so I also got the normal-sized WS2 kit (they use the same size barrel) to use with the coconut blank. The only "danger" is that the coconut is almost exactly the same size as the smaller hardware so you have to be really careful on the last few passes. Luckily, I never cut beyond the resin so I don't know what would happen if you hit coconut, but I bet it wouldn't be good.

BigRob777

Wow, that's interesting. Nice job. I saw a demo one time, with Joe (clewless), in which the demonstrator used egg shells pressed onto a bowl. It looks almost exactly like that. I figure I'll try that some day, on a pen.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom