White cedar burl on rodium Gent Jr!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here is some white cedar burl, not as spectacular as I thought but still NICE! :)

25 coats of medium CA.

Thanks for looking and clicky the thumbnail.

Charles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Charles, Man, you are on a roll! Another stunning piece of art!!! By the way, were you running out of glue when you stopped at 25 coats ...kidding:wink:. Seriously, sans the birthday, how do you decide the number coats of CA is enough. Doc

JimB

Charles, Man, you are on a roll! Another stunning piece of art!!! By the way, were you running out of glue when you stopped at 25 coats ...kidding:wink:. Seriously, sans the birthday, how do you decide the number coats of CA is enough. Doc

I bet he decides when the bottle of CA is empty:).

Awesome looking pen.

CharlesH

Hi Doc,

Since I use NCF accelerator, finishing pen is much easier. I was using the spray bottle accelerator, basically I usually make 10 coats before my first sanding, I level my finish at this point and I go for another 10 coats. The wood I finish usually have voids and cracks (like this one) so 20 coats is most of the time needed to make a even finish. Usually when the voids are leveled with the rest of the finish I apply at least 5 coats.

Charles

Top Bottom