Whilst i was bored

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from UKpenmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKpenmaker

I thought i would have a play whilst i am off work with a broken bone in my wrist (got bored of just sitting around, so i decided to have a play in my workshop, don't tell the Doc)

So i had a try at my first wooden centre-band, i think i have gone a bit overboard with the size of the band though?. Plus the upper & lower tubes could do with matching up better (i suppose we all have to start somewhere[:p]). To top it all off i did my first CA finish, why have i waited so long to try this [:I].

2005111814921_IMG_0513.jpg

One word of warning though watch where the shavings are going, they don't half itch when you get them down your cast:([xx(].

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan

So we have a wounded one-handed Brit penturner? Just so long as you can still hoist a pint. Get well soon, you have pens to make!

Nice work - and I really like the center band. Tell us how you did it.

If I were to make a suggestion, I'd offer that lighter woods seem to work really well with black or dark gray pen kits - the contrast gets 'em every time.

Are you liking that CA finish? I've had one I made a few months ago in my pocket every day since and I haven't noticed any wear on it yet. Quick and easy - what more can you ask?
Dan
Unionville, VA

Andrew, Looks really good especially turning while a wrist is in a cast. Like the CB. Does teh lower blank fit inside the CB or is it a butt joint?

UKpenmaker

Many thanks for comments everybody.
The centre band is just a butt joint, all i did was simply glue the band onto the end of the upper blank & while turning just put a small piece of loose tube the size of the band onto the mandrel to stop any movement.

atvrules1

Nice job Andrew. Center band looks large when just concentrating on it, but when I look at it with the overall shape of the pen it really adds to the appearance. I think that you have a winner there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom