While my wife was mowing the yard.......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dbledsoe

dbledsoe

I made these two pens. The white one was made from the 30 caliber kit using a piece of Whitetail deer antler. The stuff stinks, but it works easily. I did not put any finish on it; just micromesh to 12000. It looks a lot better than the photo. I guess now I will have to learn how to take pictures. Let's see,,,,,,camera, tripod, lights, STOP ME! I'm don't need another hobby.

The other one is a Dymondwood blank I bought from Berea Hardwoods, finished with CA.
I think I have reached the point where I am not ashamed to give them away. Still a long way from anything worthy of selling, but I'm learning.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• Deerhunter.jpg
    Deerhunter.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 258
  • AprilFool.jpg
    AprilFool.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

So, you played while she worked? Tell us, Tom Sawyer, how did you pull this off?

I never thought about giving my wife a Honey Do list. Might be pretty fun to try.

Nice looking pens by the way.

Mason Kuettel

So, you played while she worked? Tell us, Tom Sawyer, how did you pull this off?

I never thought about giving my wife a Honey Do list. Might be pretty fun to try.

Nice looking pens by the way.

If I tried that I would have a lot more time to turn pens...I would be sleeping in the garage with the lathe!:eek:

dbledsoe

Not sure, but are the blanks on the Cigar backwards?

I'm pretty sure I would not know the difference. I thought I was going by a cigar picture, but I may be wrong. The only thing I actually checked was that the mechanism worked properly and the tip extended far enough.
If you are referring to the grain orientation, that was purely accidental, but I like the way it looks. But what do I know?

Top Bottom