While I was away... (Some big files, beware)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkuehn

Banned
So, a few of you noticed that I was off the boards for a while, but was still turning when I could, things have been really hectic lately.

I've bitten the bullet and set up an Ebay store where most of these are listed, seeing how things sell when done with conviction. Here's hoping...

Anyways, here's some of my recent work :D

Wormy Dyed Stabilized Box Elder Burl from the backyard with a Euro:
BoxElderWormy2_1.jpg

Mexican Cocobolo Slim:
Cocobolo1_2.jpg

Applejack Dymondwood Euro:
DymondwoodApplejack1_1.jpg

Mexican Bacote Euro sans center band:
Bacote1_1.jpg

Honduran Rosewood, no center band again:
HonduranRosewood1_1.jpg

Arizona Silhouette Peridot BEB with Sierra:
BoxElderBurlPeridot1_1.jpg

Bitter Angelim with Sierra (they don't call it bitter for nothin'! Phooey Plechchghh!:
BitterAngelim1_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TowMater

Nice work on the pens, I'd be interested in hearing how the Ebay store works out for you as this was a question my wife posed to me last night.

Todd

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by TowMater
<br />Nice work on the pens, I'd be interested in hearing how the Ebay store works out for you as this was a question my wife posed to me last night.

Todd

Yeah, I've been avoiding building my own website yet, but I need to get rid of some pens. I figure the Ebay store will allow me to kind of flesh out some ideas in a cookie-cutter environment that I can migrate to my own thing later, so I set it up last night. Sold a couple so far for decent amounts, but I'm still learning the ropes.

I got sick of managing auctions all the time, with insertion fees and such. With the store, you pay $15 a month and the listing fees are only a nickel or a dime, with no end date. They gouge you for 10% or so when something sells, though. I was surprised at the good tools that they've got built in there, as well, sales reporting and managing tools. My Turbolister seems to have migrated well, too, so that helps with the listing. [:)]

toolcrazy

Nice Pens!!

Personally, I'd rather put my time and money into a website. Between Ebay fees and PayPal fees and the low return on products. I just can't do it.

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by rherrell
<br />How come I can't upload files that big?

I host them on my GoDaddy webserver and link to them from the yellow "Insert Image" in the "Format:" menu box thingy above *points up* [:)]

Pushing it inserts this forum's flavor of image tags, and you just paste the URL to your picture between them - they pop up like so, minus the asterisks:

[*img*][*/img*]

Just put your image file address between them

[*img*] HOSTED PICTURE FILE ADDRESS HERE [*/img*]

Hope this helps [:p]

On a sidenote, one thing I've noticed that's a bit of a pain is that when you push command buttons like smilies or bolds, it stuffs the tags at the bottom of your post, so inserting pictures into something you've already typed gets tricky. I've just gotten so I type the tags by hand instead of having to copy and paste when I want to insert something inline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom