While I was away!! Quail and Other Stuff!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jmbaker79

jmbaker79

Goodness it has been a while since I have posted anything in the SOYP area....Not That I havent been making pens, quite the contrary, I just have a three and a half month old! So I would say it has been about 3.5 months :rolleyes: Bradley Bear Baker, yep we did it, and he is by far the cutest kid ever, dont hate, sorry if your kid isnt as cute! :biggrin::biggrin:

I am also holding out a few special things on yall until the group buy goes through, stay tuned!

But Here Goes!

Up First is a failed casting save, by design of course:redface:. It has been awhile since I made these quail egg blanks, and these were two that didnt work out really! The separated during casting leaving air pockets on the ends. I saved them for one day!! Over a year later, Come to find out it wasnt anything that a parting tool couldnt take care of! Added in some White resin, and will call it complete! The eggs were dyed teal prior to casting.

Next up probably the last over under I make, only the second one, but its just not my thing really. I like this one though so who knows! Zebra wood and Buffalo Horn.

Cherry pit Atrax that I bought the blank during the last MAPG....been busy since! I used, I believe, A triton tube...for the body to make it about a quarter inch longer than normal, I like it!

And a piece of HRB that I had planned to make an incredible realistic cigar from. You can see where the "leaf" would have met the "ash" , heartwod/sapwood, and would have all been one piece. I got too excited and didnt read that that specific blank was only 5/8", cigarillo maybe, swisher sweet? anyway....Just getting some work out there, because it has been way to long!

C&C Welcome of Course, and thanks for looking as always!

Attachments

• RAIN DROP QUAIL AD.jpg
    RAIN DROP QUAIL AD.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 321
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 253
  • Remi.jpg
    Remi.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Cherry 11.jpg
    Cherry 11.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 286
  • HRWB Right.jpg
    HRWB Right.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Hi Justin,
You do Beautiful Work, and from what you are saying, not just the making of Pens.
The Standout one for me is the HR Burl, I can't comment on the 3.5 m, other than to say,
Congratulations on all your Efforts,
Brian.

jmbaker79

Thanks Guys, these were all fun to make...I am doing my best not to just make writing instruments but to build a brand. I plan to make these "ads" for every pen i make from here on, as well as I Print and send these as info cards with each order.

robutacion

Thanks Guys, these were all fun to make...I am doing my best not to just make writing instruments but to build a brand. I plan to make these "ads" for every pen i make from here on, as well as I Print and send these as info cards with each order.

Yes, and that will sell your pens most effectively...!

The first thing that comes to mind when I saw the presentation pics was, finess, shique, porch, fancy, quality, pricey...! that sets the right state of mind for the buyer, even if the pen was poorly made (which is not the case...!), the buyer would by and expect to pay a lot more than, if advertised on eBay or any other identical place where, little effort is made of the presentation of the product (exceptions do apply...!)

Great marketing advantage and a good example of how to sell you pens, without saying a word...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom