Whew, this was a toughie. Hundreds of segments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from soligen

soligen

Here is it - all comments welcome. I think this is the most difficult thing I ever turned, and tells you how I spent the holidays.

1_DSCN1570.jpg

2_DSCN1581.jpg

Last edited:

gbpens

Fantastic! AllI can imagine is a series of wedges (built with layers of veneer) to build a ring camoflaged with the diamonds.

Texatdurango

Every time someone does a similar desigh they are compare to eagle as if they are some sort of a novice or trainee. It's about time that folks recognize talent (and dedication to detail) when they see it and as far as I'm concerned this blank is BETTER than anything eagle ever did and you made a pen out of it to boot...... Congrats, the nicest looking pen I've seen in a while!

edavisj316

Fantastic work! I am trying to get my mind around how you did the blank, and it is giving me a headache. Maybe, one of these days I will be able to come up with something as stunning.

drgoretex

:eek::eek: WOW!!!!

That is absolutely incredible! Brilliant workmanship there, and a stunning pen, congratulations!

Ken

76winger

Well I have nothing to compare that too and all I can say is you're not only over the top with craftsmanship in your finished product, but its just stunningly beautiful as well.

PenMan1

Love it, love it, love it. I particularly like the transition from the cap to the body. Classic, smooth lines! It looks well balanced.

Our departed friend may well have said "it's a $#^^*+ pen blank", but my friend, this is truely spectacular !

Well done!

JohnU

Your repeticious precision is more than spot on. You are a man of patience and your hard work shows. I live everything about it and I hope it finds its way to the home page where it belongs. Beautiful work!

Last edited:

Old Lar

That is one of the coolest pens I have seen on this forum.

Great work! Outstanding!!
I can't imagine the hours and talent it takes for a creation like that...

wiset1

I'm sorry to say that I never had a chance to get to know Eagle before his passing, but it's obvious that he inspired a great many people during his life and that's an amazing thing. I know that I'm one of probably like...well everyone on the IAP that's wondering how this was done. I don't like being told how to do stuff and would rather figure it out when it comes to stuff like this but it almost looks like a blank was turned and strips of ribbon were secured onto said blank and then finished. I'm sure that's not how it was done, but the mind truly wonders just how...

PenMan1

I think "Dennis" must mean the one with upmost patience in another language! All you Dennis guys making these beautiful blanks!

I lost patience just counting the wedgies visable in the photograph! Wow!

I like this pen even more each time I go back to drool over it!

Top Bottom