Where's my pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MattDaddy

MattDaddy

Don't think I'll hear that about this one! It almost hurts your eyes it is so bright. Thanks Dawn!

A lesson learned on the segmented pen - it was an experiment, so I didn't use one of my premium kits - go figure it turned out, and now I have a great looking blank on a crappy kit. Guess it's better than ruining a premium kit with a screw up (like I did on another one yesterday).

Attachments

• Last Import - 3.jpg
    Last Import - 3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Last Import - 6.jpg
    Last Import - 6.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Last Import - 8.jpg
    Last Import - 8.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 326
  • Last Import - 9.jpg
    Last Import - 9.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MattDaddy

The stripes in the segmented pen are dyed veneer (Bold Colors) from Woodcraft. They work great for this type of thing.

I think the second pen is Alchemy - it was a freebie from a top secret exotic blank manufacturer ;-)

MattDaddy

It is. Wear your sunglasses! Also would recommend painting the tube, as this is VERY transparent. I used a chrome tube and can still see some bubbles and glue. A coat of white on the tube or in the blank will make it even brighter!

CaptG

That is one bright pen, I like it. The other two are also up to your usual high standards. Nice work, keep em comming.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very nice work Matt!!

I don't understand the bit about ruining a premium kit with a screw up. Buy an extra set of tubes for under a dollar, try the blank, and if you don't like the results don't assemble the kit.

Ligget

Very nice work Matt!!

I don't understand the bit about ruining a premium kit with a screw up. Buy an extra set of tubes for under a dollar, try the blank, and if you don't like the results don't assemble the kit.

I agree with Cav 100%, I must have 20 to 25 turned blanks that didn`t make the grade, saves a lot of expensive `workshop pens` being made.

You made a great job of those pens pictured, well done! :)

Top Bottom