Where is Waldo?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenMan1

PenMan1

Here is a picture of a Sedona. I don't really like the Sedona, so I changed the part I didn't like.

What changed?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

You guessed it, David. I hate plastic threads! I do a lot of closed end pens, so that leaves lots of left over parts. I looked through my leftovers and found both silver and gold threaded couplers that work with Sedona and Baron.

Now, I just have to figure out what set I robbed to make this work:)

Last edited:

omb76

I agree with you Andy! I hate the plastic threads also, they cheapen the look of the pen in my opinion. Again, very nice work on the pen, what material did you use?

PenMan1

I agree with you Andy! I hate the plastic threads also, they cheapen the look of the pen in my opinion. Again, very nice work on the pen, what material did you use?

The material is my home poured "Mont Blanc Precious Black Gloss Resin". I developed this resin because I used to reapir Mount Blanc's before they quit selling me parts.

I have narrowed the coupler down to one or two. I think it must have come from a Rinehart as they use the same tubes as the Sedona and Baron.

Thanks for the compliment.

Russianwolf

saw it right away.

The threads on the Baron/Sedona aren't plastic though. They are brass with a black enamel coating. The Rineheart is a direct replacement I think, but the ones from a JR wouldn't work as they are three start as opposed to the Baron/Sedona 4 starts. That's assuming of course that you used the Baron cap insert which is the plastic part.

PenMan1

That's a beauty! The blank has bling! :)

Thanks, Lenny.

That is my own "Mont Blanc Precious Resin". I have been working on a pure black (no swirls and whirls, etc.) for a long time. Back in the day, I repaired Mont Blanc pens......Back when they would still sell me parts.

That black is as close as I can make it to the Mont Blanc black. It even passed the "flashlight" test. I think Mont Blanc "precious resin" is PR (pun intended):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom