Where I'm at, or heading

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from frank123

frank123

(Another thread about using a scanner led me to this picture using one. My photography is lousy which is why I don't post pictures.)

Dropper fill roller ball, actually my first of this type that I made from three different mismatched blanks about a month ago. Been pretty much a daily carry since then when I'm where my fountain pens will get abused.

img009-4.jpg

This was just a quick experiment to see if it works and I only have about 45 minutes in it so the fit and finish aren't as good as I can do, but it does look fine for daily carry and writes really, really niceely so I use it for that.

This is pretty much the direction I'm heading as I learn -dropper fill in RB and Fountain pens- so any suggerstions are welcome.

Thanks to LenKaltman for the thread on using a scanner to make pics, as bad as this one is it is the first one I haven't been totally ashamed to post (which should tell you something about my photography).

plantman

Frank; Looks fine from here. My question is this !! If you are not satisfied with the fit or finish, and know you can do better, why would you want to carry it around so other people could see it?? I would use it at my deck at home and make another that I liked, so I would be showing people my best work. Just a thought. Jim S

frank123

Frank; Looks fine from here. My question is this !! If you are not satisfied with the fit or finish, and know you can do better, why would you want to carry it around so other people could see it?? I would use it at my deck at home and make another that I liked, so I would be showing people my best work. Just a thought. Jim S

Oh, it really looks OK in person and the people who have seen it seem to like it, especially the way it writes. It looks as good or better than just about anything most people would be carrying -mostly better- and is unique to any kind of regular ball pen since it isn't stuck with those off the shelf ink refills.

If I'm a more civilized setting, I carry one of my nicer fountain pens but this is for the situations where it can end up abraded and scratched up or dropped 20 or 30 feet while I am using on a ladder or on rope. I just make them for myself or to give away, I don't feel like I'm anywhere near to being good enough to try selling them yet, espeically when I look at some of the pens I see posted by the real pro's here - but maybe someday....

Top Bottom