Where Does Jack Live

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dkrwoodturning

Here
smile.gif
A genuine certified Jack Daniels American White Oak pen blank from David aka Timberbits dressing out a gun metal and chrome Sierra. In the first photo I thought I had been lax in finishing and there was a white speck towards the nib end but on checking there was nothing. This will be my last pen for a while, as I have surgery on my left knee so will be out of action for a bit. Hope you like the photos and comments and critique always are welcome.

Cheers
Darren

Attachments

• P1010145.JPG
    P1010145.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 251
  • P1010146.JPG
    P1010146.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 156
  • P1010147.JPG
    P1010147.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Here
smile.gif
A genuine certified Jack Daniels American White Oak pen blank from David aka Timberbits dressing out a gun metal and chrome Sierra. In the first photo I thought I had been lax in finishing and there was a white speck towards the nib end but on checking there was nothing. This will be my last pen for a while, as I have surgery on my left knee so will be out of action for a bit. Hope you like the photos and comments and critique always are welcome.

Cheers
Darren

Nice pen Darren, good luck with your knee surgery, hope you recover quickly...!

Cheers
George

Nice looking pen! I have been playing with a few of these blanks as well but have a completely different colour. It is amazing what wood can do!

That was what I noticed, maybe the colour variation is due to the age of the barrel and how long it had been in use and the penetration of whiskey into the oak. I have some American White Oak from Bundaberg Rum Distillery and it is so much lighter in colour. Also have some from a winery which I am yet to turn.

Top Bottom