When the resin's away with the lathe I will play!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Waiting on my resin to come in so I've spent the last two days knocking out several pens to go out for consignment. I'll start with the Rollerballs.

First is a Blk Ti Zen with a blank made from laser leftovers. I like to think of the shapes as little devil heads so I went with red resin :devil:

Then we have another Blk Ti Zen with one of my vintage blanks. I made this one up with two shades of green. Reverse painted lime green.

Last is a Blk Ti & Rhodium Jr. Gent II with one of my blanks. Reverse painted black.

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

I have admired your blanks for some time, Brooks but I would have to say that the lime green is one of the most lively blanks I have seen you produce to date. That is one you should be proud of. I noticed with the first pen (devil heads) that there is some bleed from the red "heads" into the cream color near the finial. Did you notice that, and if so, how do you think that happened?

Also, if you don't mind me asking..... are you making or purchasing custom dyes for these colors? I sure haven't seen lime green as a dye for resins anywhere. I have been looking around for variations on purple colors, but haven't found a complete palette of dyes available.

By the way, all three pens look great in Black Ti. Thanks for posting these.

3Peake

Both pens are great. Fit and finish look spot on. Have to say that the blue is my favourite hands down.....if you need to let me evaluate it in person I can send my address.:):)

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It was nice to get to turn something for fun.

I really like the green one the best. But how come no cap finial on the last one? What's up with that?:tongue:

lol...I don't like replacing them on the Blk Ti ones. I like the rhodium ones :biggrin:

I have admired your blanks for some time, Brooks but I would have to say that the lime green is one of the most lively blanks I have seen you produce to date. That is one you should be proud of. I noticed with the first pen (devil heads) that there is some bleed from the red "heads" into the cream color near the finial. Did you notice that, and if so, how do you think that happened?

Also, if you don't mind me asking..... are you making or purchasing custom dyes for these colors? I sure haven't seen lime green as a dye for resins anywhere. I have been looking around for variations on purple colors, but haven't found a complete palette of dyes available.

By the way, all three pens look great in Black Ti. Thanks for posting these.

Thanks! The bleeding is from the piece being cast. I believe the wood is holly and it absorbed a bit of pigment on the endgrain.

I really liked how the lime came out to! That particular one I made myself. The majority of my pigments I have specially made for myself to seperate what I make from others. So forgive me if I don't share that bit of info. However, if you're looking for a purple you can try mixing red and blue dyes together. Just start with the brightest you can find in both colors or else the purple will be either to violet or magenta.

Top Bottom