When all else fails....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

GET A BIGGER #$*^ING HAMMER

387292_266905070036232_100001502242963_721568_1443900672_n.jpg

394460_266905163369556_100001502242963_721569_867637436_n.jpg

So, I was all excited about getting a gouge today. 8 tools for 15 bucks at HF. These are the same tools I've been using for a little over a year, and I just sharpened my 3/4 inch spindle gouge to death. I dug this blank out of a box I got from the Blank Fairy, and it had a note to reverse paint white or my children and all generations after them for 1,000 years will be cursed with continually wet laundry and other minor inconveniences. I have had REALLY hit or miss luck with reverse paint, so I used pre-painted white tubes for the same effect. I got it finished, and went to assemble, and the transmission jammed and bent out of shape. I went to the chunk of leather and the bench vise, and proceeded to hammer on a transfer punch and got nowhere. I put it aside as I was about to instant-clean the tube on my concrete floor, but it was too awesome of a blank to kill like that. I went and got my biggetst framing hammer and went back down. 3 minutes later I had a finished and assembled pen, and I hope the Blank Fairy approves of the results.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
NICE looking blank and pen!!

For future reference, I have learned that when bending the transmission occurs DURING ASSEMBLY,,

DISASSEMBLY is gonna be a bi__h!!! It has already proven it has a VERY TIGHT FIT!!

PenMan1

Allan:
FWIW- if those prepainted tubes came from woodcraft (Berea), I have noticed that the inside diameter of those are a little tighter that the usual copper tubes.

HF had a set of 3 -12 inch round chainsaw files for $4. A "zip" around the inside of these tubes sure make the pressing much easier.

Drstrangefart

Allan:
FWIW- if those prepainted tubes came from woodcraft (Berea), I have noticed that the inside diameter of those are a little tighter that the usual copper tubes.

HF had a set of 3 -12 inch round chainsaw files for $4. A "zip" around the inside of these tubes sure make the pressing much easier.

They were! I'll keep that in mind! First time the issue has come up.

PenMan1

Interesting!!! I didn't even know Berea HAD pre-colored tubes!!!

You'd think they MIGHT tell ME!!!

Ed:
I am ASSUMING they are Berea tubes. The Woodcraft packaging is identical to the black nickel Berea tubes with just a couple of part numbers different. The black ones have Berea's name on the label?

The Woodcraft white tubes fit differently than the other tubes they sell.

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

Interesting!!! I didn't even know Berea HAD pre-colored tubes!!!

You'd think they MIGHT tell ME!!!

Ed:
I am ASSUMING they are Berea tubes. The Woodcraft packaging is identical to the black nickel Berea tubes with just a couple of part numbers different. The black ones have Berea's name on the label?

The Woodcraft white tubes fit differently than the other tubes they sell.

WHOA!!! I NEED SOME OF THOSE BLACK TUBES!!!! Talk about simplifying my life....

Top Bottom