What's Black-n-White??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Well, it's been awhile since I turned a pen...and this one was a 'Just cause I felt like it'. And then to actually post it here, well let's just say it's been too long.

While whacking a blank out of a mold the other day, I got a little too aggressive, and this one came out a little short of the 5-3/8" mark. Okay I broke it in half:eek: Completely my fault, but if you know me, I don't let anything go to waste.

So, this topic is so useless without a photo, okay....two photo's!

Just a simple Gatsby kit think it's a Chrome/GunMetal:(wearing the "What's Black-n-White ??" blank)

WhatsBlack-n-White002.jpg

WhatsBlack-n-White001.jpg

Wierd, the photo makes this look really oversized? But when I sit here and hold it, I don't see that....or maybe I'm getting way too old? Regardless, I think this color combo blank goes on this kit without taking away from the kit or the blank!

C&C always welcome!

Scott (thanks for looking) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

propencity

Holy Scott! That blank has a image of white bearded man (second pic, lower portion of blank). Tilt your head towards 2 oclock ... see him?

Last edited:

SDB777

Smolies! I see the little hobbit looking fella know that someone pointed him/it out. But now the one-that-must-be-obeyed knows about it, she aint gonna sell this one!

Thanks for the kind words about the blank. I just uncovered what TLOML mixed up! Cant take credit for that.

Scott (hobbit blank) B

avbill

I love the blank BUT, gun metal is a warm color and the the blank is on the cool side of the color of B+W

Its my belief that a Satin Chrome or all Black Chrome would make this blank exquisite pen. Oh this pen will sell but it will not be a show stopper.

this is my opinion

SDB777

Hmmmm, never thought of 'gunmetal' as being a warm color.....always thought of it as a neutral, or cool neutral.

Certainly never thought of 'stopping a show' with a pen that was made from a kit, especially one that costs under $8:eek: These kits with this type of blank around here is maybe a $25 pen(we are in the 47th state as far as income per person, and then we are in 7th place as far as amount of taxes per person in the US)....so there isn't a tremendous amount of income left over to purchase a pen(folks are used to eating and having electricity)

Scott (gives me something to think about) B

JF36

Sometimes things accidents happen for a reason. I really like the color combination in the blank. Great kit choice too.

Top Bottom