What's Better Than One Googly Eye Pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

TWO!!!! I had a customer see the pen I made for the Ugly Pen contest and insisted that I make her one. Now I've gone all googly eyed making this thing. I still think ugly, but it's growing on me.

Attachments

• P2150361.jpg
    P2150361.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 468
  • P2150364.jpg
    P2150364.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 335
  • P2150367.jpg
    P2150367.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 247
  • P2150358.jpg
    P2150358.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Actually I was looking through the contests again and the more I looked at that blank I thought it was actually pretty clever. Is the blank behind the eyes a blank that can be bought or is that your own made blank??? That may look cool without the eyes on it too. :)

phillywood

Actually I was looking through the contests again and the more I looked at that blank I thought it was actually pretty clever. Is the blank behind the eyes a blank that can be bought or is that your own made blank??? That may look cool without the eyes on it too. :)
John they look like he glued them on later after he turned the blank.

wizard

Eric,
I had the same reaction to that pen as Cris. In addition, others I showed the pictures to also had positive reactions to it, to the best of my memory, such as "wicked", "trippy", "wild", "awesome" "way too cool" . My comment is "really creative". I think that is the Confetti blank from Woodcraft. Eric, I have a feeling you are going to have a lot of interest and orders for that not so "ugly" pen.:wink: Regards, Doc:)

Buzzzz4

It is the confetti from woodcraft. Some may think this to be a great blank. I think it needed some "eyes" along with the confetti burl.

Steve Busey

Just goes to prove George Carlin's old adage: "If you nail together two things that have never been nailed together before, some schmuck will buy it from you!"

Still looking for my "two things" to nail together... :rolleyes:

IPD_Mrs

I have no idea how you can consider two better. The only good thing is you sold it so you don't have to see it. :glasses-nerdy:

All joking aside. I have to commend or is that condemn you for your design and having the intestinal fortitude to show it on the forum.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Hey Eric, I was strolling through Michael's today. I happened upon the aisle that had those crazy eyes. I started laughing to myself just thinking about that pen. Darn people thought I was crazy or something:).

LeeR

TWO!!!! I had a customer see the pen I made for the Ugly Pen contest and insisted that I make her one. Now I've gone all googly eyed making this thing. I still think ugly, but it's growing on me.

Wait a minute ... I am confused. Couldn't you have sold her the first one, and gotten it out of your sight (or would that be "gotten you out of its sight" ...)?

I was just at Woodcraft the other day, but didn't see the blank. Not sure, but maybe our Woodcraft is afraid to carry them ... :tongue:

workinforwood

The pen has no chance of winning ugliest pen. Although it's not the most comfortable looking pen, with all those eyes on it like that, it's pretty neat looking, and the confetti blank is a perfect match..clownish, crazy, daring..I rather like it too.

Buzzzz4

Hey Eric, I was strolling through Michael's today. I happened upon the aisle that had those crazy eyes. I started laughing to myself just thinking about that pen. Darn people thought I was crazy or something:).

You wander Michael's looking for oddities too? I thought I was the only one crazy enough to go down that isle.

The pen has no chance of winning ugliest pen. Although it's not the most comfortable looking pen, with all those eyes on it like that, it's pretty neat looking, and the confetti blank is a perfect match..clownish, crazy, daring..I rather like it too.

Jeff, you're not helping me collect a prize this year. But I know what you mean. Too bad the contest wasn't for the most Whimsical Pen.

Wait a minute ... I am confused. Couldn't you have sold her the first one, and gotten it out of your sight (or would that be "gotten you out of its sight" ...)?

I was just at Woodcraft the other day, but didn't see the blank. Not sure, but maybe our Woodcraft is afraid to carry them ... :tongue:

I could have sold the first one, but I felt I should take a little more time with one for a customer. And my kids would have been so sad to see that one go. They have basically claimed it as a pet.

Top Bottom