Whatizit? We have a winner!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is my latest creation! Let's have a little fun here. The first person to correctly guess what this pen is made from will recieve a $10 gift certificate from TurnTex Woodworks! Limit of one guess per person.

attachment.jpg

11:45 pm OK, no one has guessed correctly yet! I just got finished with my last pen (had a little mishap!) and I guess now I will give a hint or 2. I am also raising the GC amount to $20! Everyone is allowed ONE MORE GUESS EACH. If you post more than 2 guesses and your third is the right answer, you WILL NOT WIN!! Please don't post more than 2 guesses total!

Think tree, think fruit, think wood!

We have a winner! Tsegar guessed correctly. It is peach pits from my dad's peach tree cast in clear alumilite. We got to eat the fresh peaches then I took the pits and cracked them open to remove the "nut". I then dried the pieces in my toaster oven and cast them. The blank was reverse painted black before glueing in the tubes and the finish is CA of course. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Whatizit.jpg
    Whatizit.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Can I guess??????

Do you have inside information from visiting my shop? If so, then NO! If not, then go ahead!

No correct answers yet! Also, I am looking for relative specifics here! Little bits cast in resin is technically correct but not an adequate answer!!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It definately contains Alumilite (naturally!) so no need to include that in your answer.

I am going out in my shop to make a couple pens for a customer. When I get back, I will check in and see how the guessing is coming along.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
BTW, No correct answers yet!

When I get back from my shop, if there is still no correct answer, then I will open it up to multiple answers and may even give a hint or 2!

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Do you have inside information from visiting my shop? If so, then NO! If not, then go ahead!

No correct answers yet! Also, I am looking for relative specifics here! Little bits cast in resin is technically correct but not an adequate answer!!
Is it what you told me about last night?

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Well, it's not from a cat,:rolleyes: which is a great thing!:biggrin:
I'll guess some seed pods.:wink:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I could not stand it! I had to take a break between pens and come check on you guys! Still no correct answer. When I am done with my other pen, I will come back in and give some hints if no correct answers yet!

Top Bottom