What Would Make Your Day?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Today is rainy (again) and the weather has been getting me down, the kidsa re out of school for the first day now and are going crazy. Just when I think the day is going all to heck, something comes along and brightens it up. In fact I am grinning fromear to ear. This came in todays mail for me, I'll let you figure out how made it. It is a Platinum Jr. Statesman with DIW inlayed with aluminum and brass. It is goin up in my display case aside some other beautiful pens that I have received from other members here. Sorry about the pictures, I had to take them in between downpours, you can even see a little drop on one.

Attachments

• IMG_2979.jpg
    IMG_2979.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2980.jpg
    IMG_2980.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_2982.jpg
    IMG_2982.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good score Neil ! I'll just let the maker identify himself if he wants to . But , what a very nice gift ! It wouldn't surprise me if you receive another someday . :good:

bitshird

Neil, looks like Steve-Akbar work's, it's beautiful, I use the pen I made that Keith-Vizxp made for me, why let a beautiful pen like that sit idle, that pen has made several sales, someone asks how much for a pen like that I tell them 350.00 they don't mind spending 60 to 80 bucks on a Long Click or a Zen. OMG I'm starting to think like Ed!!!:eek: quick schedule me for a Lobotomy :doctor::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I knew you would figure it out, it is made by Steve and he did an outstanding job with it. I couldn't be happier. While it will sit in my display case, even those pens come out once in a while to go to work or something with me. What good is a pen if it is just going to sit? I like to think of them as functioning art.

JerrySambrook

Neil,
I see two problems with that pen.

1) If I had your job, it would NEVER go to work with me.
2) It needs a good safe keeping to make sure it does not go to work with you, so you should send it to either Charlie, Alton, or me for safekeeping

See you in a few weeks, (and bring it with you)

Jerry

akbar24601

What good is a pen if it is just going to sit? I like to think of them as functioning art.

Exactly!!! It's not just Art, It's Art that you use.

BTW, I let Neil name this design and I think that he came up with a wonderful name for it: "Mirrorz".

Thanks for all of the nice comments everyone!

bitshird

Steve, your's and Keith's work are just too easy to spot, you two bring so much to this forum it's amazing, I wish I could have been here when the Bird was flying around amazing everyone. I'm just glad I get to see what you, Keith, Neil and several others are doing to elevate this craft into great art.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Jerry, don't worry, I'll keep it safe. I'll also bring it to the meeting with me, I may just pull a few out of my collection and bring them too.

VisExp

Neil my brother, how come Dad is showing you all the favoritism with these gifts of stunning looking pens. Did he forget about all his other kids ? :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

Great work Steve, that DIW treated you better on the scroll than it did me :mad:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Neil my brother, how come Dad is showing you all the favoritism with these gifts of stunning looking pens. Did he forget about all his other kids ? :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

Great work Steve, that DIW treated you better on the scroll than it did me :mad:
No I've always been the favorite. You can be his favorite too, just send me $49.99 for you free kit on how to do it.:biggrin:

Top Bottom