What is twisted,straight & flat ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

A: A bunch of Sierra's.:)

I was playing around with different patterns & shapes and came up with this last batch of Sierra's.

2007583130_sierra_45_twist3.jpg

BEB & coco, tulipwwod & coco, dyed maple & coco all on a 45 degree, rope cut.

20075831412_sierra_6pannel_coco.jpg

A 6 pannel round Sierra and a 6 sided flat Sierra

20075831450_sierra_flat_coco.jpg

Thanks for looking, flattery & rude remarks always welcome [:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

There you go, showing off with your Legacy again.[:D] Great looking pens.[:0][:p] My only rude remark is that you spelled panel wrong.

OKLAHOMAN

______________SHOW OFF![^]______________

________________As always Anthony your talent shows.________________

PenWorks

You guys are being awful nice tonight. [:)] Gerry, that's the way you spell it [:D]
Serge, it's not spare time, it's work [8D]

alxe24

Anthony as usual your pens and concepts look marvelous. Personally I find the design on the middle one more pleasant to my eye, it has a better flow and although I like the two others the pattern
but seems to be conflictive, I am trying to follow one spiral and the other one gets in the way and disrupt the continuity it's like the design it's tripping on itself (that is my humble opinion) the middle one gives me a sense of harmony. I also like the silver hardware more than the gold and now that I'm at it I would like to see a different hardware all together on the same kind of pen I don’t know if they have this finish but I like it a lot. To me it seems nicer than the black enamel, that combination that you have look awesome and may be a light and dark plus a light and burl.
Thanks for showing them. They look great.
Regards,
Alex

2007587316_Cobra-03.jpg
<br />

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />A: A bunch of Sierra's.[:)]

I was playing around with different patterns & shapes and came up with this last batch of Sierra's.

2007583130_sierra_45_twist3.jpg
<br />

BEB & coco, tulipwwod & coco, dyed maple & coco all on a 45 degree, rope cut.

20075831412_sierra_6pannel_coco.jpg
<br />

A 6 pannel round Sierra and a 6 sided flat Sierra

20075831450_sierra_flat_coco.jpg
<br />

Thanks for looking, flattery & rude remarks always welcome [:p]

GaryMGg

Simply amazing craftsmanship. I'm not sure I like the barrel ends on the rope cut where they mate to the hardware. I think I'd prefer to see more of a taper, a gentler approach so to speak. I have no idea how complex that'd be and it'd probably throw off the rope design as the diameter decreases. If I ever find a legacy, I'll play with those ideas. [:D]

Gary

PenWorks

Alex, your right about the flow, prior to assmbly, they all were going to be put together as the middle one. But at the 11 hour, I changed my mind. The crossing pattern gives the apperance of a double cut, even though it is one cut.

Gary, that is one of the hardest design features to the pen. I struggle with that. Some I taper more than others. These have a very shallow, almost no taper at the end. The photo is somewhat decieving, as you are looking at the bottom of the pen looking up. When the pen is held upright, it is less abrupt at the end.

Thanks for the comments

OSCAR15

Simply magnificent Anthony! Every single time you post and I think you can't do no better, you prove me wrong by topping yourself! Oscar

PenWorks

On the flat and panel pen, I apply the CA by hand without the lathe turning, the applications are pretty thick and then sand back. The panel pens really presented the biggest problem trying to keep the CA out of the grooves which was impossible. I ended up resanding and repainting the grooves 3 times.

I apply the CA on the twist with the lathe turning as slow as I can get it, 100 rpm. I apply it really thick to get into the grooves, then I go back over it by hand to make sure I have gotten 100% coverage, that is where the sanding is a pain, as I apply it fairly liberal.

Originally posted by bgray43050
<br />
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by bgray43050
<br />
What's the finish on the twist pens?

All pens have a CA finish, what a drag sanding [xx(]

How do you apply CA to the twist pens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom