what a story for this 500th post.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sumterdad

sumterdad

Ok so here is a pen that I did on fri. night. It is a cast that we made on a gold jr gent II. The story behind this on that just so happens to be my 500th post. goes as follows.

I some time when I turn more than one pen blank I will take them into the house and use my squeeze clamp to press them together. where this story takes a turn is that on my way out of the shop my neighbors dog is loose in my yard. So being the kind neighbor I scoop the dog up and take it back to the pen and put the chain back on it. Then proceed to the house. well when I got back inside I gave my little girl a good night kiss then proceeded to start to press them together. The only problem was I could not find the upper barrel. So got all dressed and went back to my shop to look for it. No luck. So I did the only thing that made sense. At 1:15am I got my flash light and back tracked from where I picked up the neighbors dog and back to the house. No luck.

So my wife says I will go look, So here we are all three of us at 1:30 am with flash lights looking for the upper barrel. Well still no luck.

Back in the house my little girl went to check to see if her note to the tooth fairy was still under her pillow and pulled out the upper barrel. She hollerd I found it. I didnt beleive her of course till I turned around and seen it in her hands. So I was able to finish it after all. Thanks for looking and reading.

Attachments

• 2012-01-14_21-59-46_429.jpg
    2012-01-14_21-59-46_429.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 2012-01-14_22-00-17_461.jpg
    2012-01-14_22-00-17_461.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

I believe that if I had to follow the dog around I would probably just recast it in clear resin for extra effect

D.Oliver

The only thing that could have made that story any better is someone had called the cops on the three "suspected burglurs" snooping around a house with flashlights out at 1:30 in the morning!

BlackPearl

So since the toot fairy brought her the pen, is it hers?

The next question is what is a "little" girl doing up at 1:30 in the morning?

Reminds me of my step daughter. She was about 12 when she started getting medicine for ADD. She refused to take it because no matter when she took it about 3:00 in the morning it would make her sleepy. :yawn:

sumterdad

No it is not hers. She wants to claim everyone as hers but I told her that she has enough for a ten yr old.

Top Bottom