what a lucky teacher

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

what teacher wouldn't love this. this is my son's first venture into turning acrylic. (he has turned some wood pens already) he has been BUGGIN the heck out of me to try one. i thought the chalk holder was a good place to start as there isn't much shaping to do. and before you ask. his teacher does use chalk and she uses a chalk holder too so its a win win.

(although it doesn't need to be said i want to add that my son has autism. he is high functioning but keeping him focused on some things is a challenge. he has really taken to pen turning, and i am floored by the level of focus he maintains when turning. i just wanted to share that with you.)

thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 100_5581 (640x480).jpg
    100_5581 (640x480).jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 100_5582 (640x480).jpg
    100_5582 (640x480).jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 100_5587 (640x480).jpg
    100_5587 (640x480).jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_5588 (640x480).jpg
    100_5588 (640x480).jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_5589 (640x480).jpg
    100_5589 (640x480).jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

That is awesome!

Seeing kids making gifts because they actually want to is really nice. And if this 'focus' can be 'channeled' into this, I'm sure it can be with anything else.

Scott (chalk is still used...cool) B

Super Dave

Great job ! I'm sure his teacher will cherish it. It's great to pass our craft to another generation. It also builds self esteem. My daughter made her first pen for her teacher, the kids in her class did not believe she made it, so I printed out the pictures so she could bring them to school. You might want to do that as well.

Dave

paintspill

Great job ! I'm sure his teacher will cherish it. It's great to pass our craft to another generation. It also builds self esteem. My daughter made her first pen for her teacher, the kids in her class did not believe she made it, so I printed out the pictures so she could bring them to school. You might want to do that as well.

Dave

It's have pictures and a short video clip that I will send her after receiving the gift.

Jim Smith

What a special gift, made right from the heart. It doesn't get any more special than that. I'm sure that she will cherish it forever. Very nice job!

Jim Smith

turncrazy43

Your son did a really great job. His teacher will be proud, he is proud but I suspect that you are the most proud of such a fine young man and his work.

leaycraft

As a teacher of biology and as a teacher who regularly has an inclusive classroom, I am not surprised at all by his work. Excellence is what all kids should strive for,-I have yet to have an autistic student who didn't work harder than every one else. I have a student with Aspergers(very high functioning) he pushes the rest of the class- in fact they use him as a resource. I coached another Autistic student in Varsity fencing (Epee- other fencers, never did figure out why he couldn't be faked out- he told me his focus was a "secret weapon). His teacher will be ecstatic - I would be.

The mistake most individuals make - the look at a disability as limiting. Its their opinion thats limited-there is no limit to hard work and a receptive mind to learning.

Your son did not only good work but showed great character. Thank-you for sharing we all need to be assured that the next generation has young women and men of character.

watch_art

THAT IS AWESOME! Every now and then one of my students gives me a cool present and it's really touching. I'm sure his teacher will weep. :)

PR_Princess

First acrylic turning? That is astounding! It looks like he has been turning for years!
What a wonderful thing to do...You both should be very proud.

And what a handsome young man he is too!

Top Bottom