What do you get with four Dips?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SuperDave

SuperDave

... pens to sell:D

First try at Dip/Calligraphy stylus'... fairly pleased...

Madrone... gotta love the way it turns!

200821543134_Dip%20Madrone.jpg

Dyed Madrone...
200821543154_Dip%20Blue%20Madrone.jpg

Cocobolo...
20082154325_Dip%20Cocobolo%201.jpg

Another Cocobolo...
200821543216_Dip%20Cocobolo%202.jpg

Four Dips and nowhere to go...yet:D
200821543227_Dip%20Group.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aurrida

i really like them, like the proportions. make another without the end embellishment and post it to see which design i would prefer to copy. ha ha

SuperDave

Originally posted by Buzz

All very stylish. May I ask where you got the inserts and nibs for them?

Chris,

Joespens.com ran a group buy a while back and I bought a bag of them. I just now got around to turning a few. Needed to have a pen that would use some of my smaller diameter stock that was too good to toss out!

Like Don, I use a 7mm brass barrel inside the blank. I do this to add additional strength to the end of the pen where I cove out for the users finger grip. I have seen some calligraphers really bear down and I don't want to get a split pen back.(it's like they think they get more control by pressing harder and writing slower... not quite how I learned in high-school decades ago[:p])

SuperDave

Thank you for the kind comments.

The Madrone grain is so fine, that it leaves a very silky smooth finish. I had one customer swear it was Holly, and it does look all the world like Holly.

I wanted to make a more traditional shape, and since I am a skew person that uses it in the traditional fashion, I figured if I could turn a fairly slender line, I could easily venture into the more artistic arena.

I agree with Lou, that many calligraphers tend to lean to the artsy side, so I will have to expand my horizons to include something for their tastes.

Stevej72

Dave, your first try was extremely successful, all are beautiful! I got some inserts awhile back and plan to try some this weekend, although my wife said something about painting.

SuperDave

Originally posted by Stevej72

Dave, your first try was extremely successful, all are beautiful! I got some inserts awhile back and plan to try some this weekend, although my wife said something about painting.

... painting could take some time with a dip pen....:D[}:)]

Top Bottom