What Burl?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

fiferb

It's been awhile since I made this blank and now I can't identify what type of burl it is. It is a black Ti Zen clear cast in Alumilite, reverse painted with red spray paint. Thanks for any help and appreciate all comments.

Attachments

• DSC01791.jpg
    DSC01791.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 349
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hey Bruce, where have you been? Good to see your post.

As to the burl, I used to have some like that from SE Asia or Australia, but I have forgotten the name since I have been back home. Very blondish / light tan. If I remember it, I will repost. However, someone here will beat me to it.

fiferb

I want to say horistes but I really don't know.

Hey Bruce, where have you been? Good to see your post.

As to the burl, I used to have some like that from SE Asia or Australia, but I have forgotten the name since I have been back home. Very blondish / light tan. If I remember it, I will repost. However, someone here will beat me to it.

Mr Vic

Didn't know we were having a "Guess the Blank" contest for the Summer Extravaganza.

Seriously, good to see you out and about. No clue as to what wood but great pen. Did you do the casting?

fiferb

Hi Vic! It is definitely brown mallee. Yes, I did the casting a long time ago. Finally got around to turning it.

Didn't know we were having a "Guess the Blank" contest for the Summer Extravaganza.

Seriously, good to see you out and about. No clue as to what wood but great pen. Did you do the casting?

Top Bottom