What Is It?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

This is a new material I've tried working with. Any guesses on what it is?
1_Mystery_1B.jpg
1_Mystery_1A.jpg

More information to follow.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

It looks like what I have been looking at, at HD. epoxy chips that you spread on your garage floor after sealing it. If it is I was thinking a green resin and brown chips for camo.

bruce119

Perhaps robin egg shells you can see blue with white flecks on one side and white on the other at first I thought aluminum foil but with a closer look it's too thick for foil and the specks don't fit. I still say some type of blue egg shell I don't think it's paint chips because the color would be the same through the chip. It is clearly blue on the surface of a white material and the tube is painted black. Does look nice though.

Len Shreck

I will guess either acrylic Shavings from either a drill/cut or crayon shavings in acrylic. Just a guess from a total newbie. When you going to let us know?... Len

broitblat

Well... that didn't take long.

It's labeled "Quikrete Color Flakes (Blue Mix)". It is the flakes/chips that you sprinkle on an epoxy garage floor coating. I'm not sure exactly what they're made of, but you buy them in a little jar that has different shades of chips. It's cast in clear resin. The tubes are painted white but I don't think that was needed.

Points to Kirk and Max.

-Barry

Last edited:
Top Bottom