Whale Bone Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from NewfoundlandLaw

Pen #14: Minke Whale Bone with 14 Coates of Cyanoacrylate. Set in a Gunmetal Fountain Pen.

Total Time: 2.5 Hours

Step #1: Ask a Whale nicely for a rib bone. If this doesn't work, see Step #2. (Warning, Whales are jerks who will just swim right away while you are talking to them.)

Step #2: Hunt and Debone a Whale. (If, like me, the Department of Fisheries and Oceans laughed at you when you tried to buy a whaling licence, you can scrounge for old bones.)

Step #3 - #71: Make a Pen... IMG_4086.JPGIMG_4087.JPGIMG_4091.JPGIMG_4093.JPGIMG_4095.JPG

Pen Turning on the Rock

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beaut Pen !!! ... And quite unusual !! ... Well Done !!
Step #3 - #71: Make a Pen...
So 68 Steps in 2.5 Hours ... That's really good going. . I can't figure out how you guys, even newbies, can make a pen that fast. . The fastest for me is about 5 hours and I have been doing this for nearly 10 years !! . If speed comes with age, I'll never get there !!

Beaut Pen !!! ... And quite unusual !! ... Well Done !!
Step #3 - #71: Make a Pen...
So 68 Steps in 2.5 Hours ... That's really good going. . I can't figure out how you guys, even newbies, can make a pen that fast. . The fastest for me is about 5 hours and I have been doing this for nearly 10 years !! . If speed comes with age, I'll never get there !!

If I don't hit any unexpected speed bumps it takes me about 2.5-3.0 hours. If I run into finishing or lathing problems, 4.0-5.0 hours is not unusual. Depends on the pen and my luck that day. :)

Pen Turning on the Rock

Top Bottom