Western Redbud

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

226174_193988460661227_100001502242963_506562_6774929_n.jpg

Just a chunk of the Western Redbud I scavenged from work. It's been drying for quite some time. Came out pretty nice. Managed to scavenge a Brooks "oops" blank that exploded on the drill press to make the centerband. Wife really liked it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Really like the shape of this one Allan. Good to see you're getting some lathe time again.

bitshird

Allen that is a pretty pen I like the Red bud, I've bee looking around here for some pieces, I planted an Eastern Red bud last spring, now it looks like it's dying off so maybe I'll get a piece of it, let's see 20.00 for about 8 blanks, turning them a few bucks for the kits, watching my wife dig the hole for the tree PRICELESS!!!

Drstrangefart

Allen that is a pretty pen I like the Red bud, I've bee looking around here for some pieces, I planted an Eastern Red bud last spring, now it looks like it's dying off so maybe I'll get a piece of it, let's see 20.00 for about 8 blanks, turning them a few bucks for the kits, watching my wife dig the hole for the tree PRICELESS!!!

Looks like I need to get your attention when I cut the rest of my stuff down to blank size.

I have a Red Bud down in my yard that I will cut up next time I get the chain saw out...

Will give you a piece if you want it...been wondering what it will look like.

I kind of consider them the black Labrador of trees, damn things seem to breed all over the place (ever notice how many dogs look like they have black Labrador in them??) Shocked anyone would ever pay for one! I have the damn things growing ALL over.

Drstrangefart

I have a Red Bud down in my yard that I will cut up next time I get the chain saw out...

Will give you a piece if you want it...been wondering what it will look like.

I kind of consider them the black Labrador of trees, damn things seem to breed all over the place (ever notice how many dogs look like they have black Labrador in them??) Shocked anyone would ever pay for one! I have the damn things growing ALL over.

The dark color is in the center of the thick branches and the trunk. The grain in the center zig zags. Crazy stuff.

Mason Kuettel

I have a special place in my pen-making heart for redbud as it was the material of the first pen I ever sold.

I, too, like the shape and center band.

Top Bottom