Western Emperor by MPZ in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

So here is my work tonight. These are all Emperor hardware with a different front end than the normal pen. These are all sitting on glass holders made by Gail my wife in Covered Bridge Glass Studio. From bottom left Buckeye Burl, Amboyna Burl, Amboyna Burl dyed turquoise(Georges Bits of Timber) Black Ash Burl, Spalted Maple. These glass pen holders are awesome. Hope you like them.

1_GailsStandsEmperors.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Extremely *NICE* !! Beautiful workmanship !!!! Can you please point me to Gail's website.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi MIke ad Gail!!!

Incredible work! I would love to see each by themselves (pen/stand).... I have some favorites...

Great effort! :)

Reactions: Big

southernclay

Mike those are all awesome! The glass holders are cool as well, let us know when those become available. I'm very partial to the George dyed Amboyna, one of the coolest blanks I've turned. Great job to both of you!

Thanks for the comments the stands will be available soon on my wifes etsy store. She has made several more than what is showing here. I just received 55 of these Emperor component sets and also purchased the front sections to go with them. I think right now Dale and I are the only ones that have them. They really add a lot to the pens, we first encountered them on the Dragon pens and just fell in love with them.

No segmenting this time. I have been busy helping Gail get her kiln running and just trying to stay warm in the cellar. That kiln should help next winter I hope.

Dan Masshardt

Thanks for the comments the stands will be available soon on my wifes etsy store. She has made several more than what is showing here. I just received 55 of these Emperor component sets and also purchased the front sections to go with them. I think right now Dale and I are the only ones that have them. They really add a lot to the pens, we first encountered them on the Dragon pens and just fell in love with them.

I was thinking the dragon front section when i saw them here. Very nice work as always.

turnem

So here is my work tonight. These are all Emperor hardware with a different front end than the normal pen. These are all sitting on glass holders made by Gail my wife in Covered Bridge Glass Studio. From bottom left Buckeye Burl, Amboyna Burl, Amboyna Burl dyed turquoise(Georges Bits of Timber) Black Ash Burl, Spalted Maple. These glass pen holders are awesome. Hope you like them.

Mike does it again--incredible writing treasures!!

Dalepenkala

Hey Mike when is Gail's pen stands going online?

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Nice work on the pens and the stands. Was wondering if she could make a stand with an up right post to hold the cap of the pen? Might have to make the stand a tad longer to do that. Just wondering!:)

OZturner

Glorious Display of Pens and Stands,
It is inspiring for so much Talent to reside in one Family.
Congratulations, Gail and Mike.
Love your Work, Superb Craftsmanship.
Brian.

Top Bottom