Wenge Zest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gordonfraser

gordonfraser

Hello all

Kitless eye-dropper from Wenge, Lime Green Corian and Clear Acrylic, with white acetal/delrin barrel and cap liners.

Construction thread here.

wenge19.jpg

wenge20.jpg

wenge21.jpg

wenge22.jpg

It's been a tough one but I have to say I quite like the outcome. I'm waiting on the cap clips which are being custom made for me over the holidays. Will reply when they arrive.

All the best for Christmas everyone.

Gordon

SDB777

Are the photo's showing 'no finish on the wood', or is it some kind of photo-trickery? Cause I like that the wood is wood!!!

Did you need to use some sort of 'sleeve' to get everything to thread together? Which nib did you choose?

Nice done! Not sure about the lime color against everything else, but the more I look at it-the more it 'grows on me'.

Scott (keep them coming) B

gordonfraser

Are the photo's showing 'no finish on the wood', or is it some kind of photo-trickery? Cause I like that the wood is wood!!!

Did you need to use some sort of 'sleeve' to get everything to thread together? Which nib did you choose?

Nice done! Not sure about the lime color against everything else, but the more I look at it-the more it 'grows on me'.

Morning

If you check out the construction thread it has all the answers to your questions (link at the start of the OP) , but the wood is wood!! It's been sanded and then a touch of friction polish to get a bit of sheen, but it's not photo trickery, the wood is au natural. I felt that the Wenge, when CA'd and polished glossy, becomes really dark and quite hard to photograph and see the grain in with your eyes. It's almost black with slightly less black grain. If it's natural you really get the brown contrast and it's a deep chocolate brown as well - lovely. I've got a Wenge brass tube that I've CA'd, so I'll photo that for comparison.

It's a JoWo nib, #5.

The Wenge Lime combo is a bit controversial accepted, but as you said, it grows. For me I love the brown lime combo anyway so it was a conscious decision. haha.

Thanks for looking. :biggrin:

Top Bottom