WELL! I gave it a try!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from david44

david44

This was my entry into the kitless competition. First time I have tried a comp and my first kitless fountain pen. So I was very pleased to get a few votes.

The acrylic is "ice cube crush honey". Bock 5 steel medium nib. Capped length 155mm, uncapped 145mm. Does not post. Cap diameter maximum about 14mm. Cartridge/converter (Schmidt converter). Cap to barrel threads 12mm x 0.75 single start and section 9mm x 0.75.

I hope that I have added the photos correctly!

I keep on learning. Your comments are most welcome.

Attachments

• DSCF3966.jpg
    DSCF3966.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCF3971.jpg
    DSCF3971.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCF3972.jpg
    DSCF3972.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalepenkala

Nice looking pen Dave! I have entered contests too and haven't won. It's just fun and interesting to see how you do with your pen. Just keep trying!

mmyshrall

Well done, David.

I am getting the tools I need for kitless and I hope that my first one looks as good as yours! I like the overall shape and style that you created and I love that blank material.

Michael

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The first thing you find when you enter a contest is the challenge it presents you with having to design and make a pen others will judge. Not just comments like "good job great pen" but actual voting in a copetition against other pen makers. Not every one wins a prize but they all step up their pen making skills. Congratulations on entering, you will win one next time.

david44

The first thing you find when you enter a contest is the challenge it presents you with having to design and make a pen others will judge. Not just comments like "good job great pen" but actual voting in a copetition against other pen makers. Not every one wins a prize but they all step up their pen making skills. Congratulations on entering, you will win one next time.

I'll certainly have another go. I entered this pen because it was the one I had finished! It's all good fun and a competition helps to concentrate the mind!

magier412

Very impressed with this pen...didn't look like a first effort at all! I love the color and think it looks very retro and classic.

I too, hope to do as well on my first kit less...you've inspired me!

~~ Kay

Top Bottom