Well, found some better decals.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

:biggrin:
164009_132657916794282_100001502242963_193142_1036768_n.jpg

Some better rub-on transfers were found in a rarely used corner of Hobby Lobby. They were triple the cost of the rest. Totally worth it. It's on bloodwood, blue enamel slimline, 4 coats thin, 4 coats medium CA, my usual full run of MicroMesh, and I've been forgetting to note that I buff the finish with a white terrycloth rag.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Raw looking pen Allan! This has a really cool look to it, very punk. Awesome job

Drstrangefart

Thanks! I almost didn't pull the trigger on the blue enamel kit, but I'm glad I did. One of my favorite pens I've done so far. I gotta see if I can find some Ed Roth RatFink decals.

Drstrangefart

Where did you get the blue enamel kit? New to the hobby so sources of materials are still a unknown to me.

http://www.smittyspenworks.com/servlet/StoreFront They have 40 slimlines for 40 bucks. 10 red, 10 blue, 10 green, 10 black. I tend to wanna tear through the black ones as they are flat black and look awesome. The other colors it's a little tough to find other uses for. Still though, killer deal.

Drstrangefart

Sweet pen. That color combo is great.

THIS was what I had in mind when I went looking for decals. They're rub-ons and they're gread, but 6 bucks for a pack with maybe 4 usable decals. Not unless it's already sold. Right now I mostly turn as a hobby until sales pick up. Also building up some on-hand stock for the next local artists show in Carrollton.

boxerman

Very cool pens. Have you ever tried temporary tattoos? You can get them at Wally World by the checkout lanes. I bought some Ed Hardy ones that have skulls and dragons. There pretty cool.

Drstrangefart

Very cool pens. Have you ever tried temporary tattoos? You can get them at Wally World by the checkout lanes. I bought some Ed Hardy ones that have skulls and dragons. There pretty cool.

I have been considering them, I guess I could apply them after a couple of coats of thin CA and blot it dry with a paper towel. I always have a hard time with them as they tend to crack and disentigrate during application. I DO have a couple of throwaway barrels I use for spacers I could test it on.

ctubbs

Allen, I hope it is just the pic, but if not, YOUR PEN IS ON FIRE! Just kidding, great looking pen and awesome decals.
Charles

Drstrangefart

I'd like to find some decals that look like newer flamejob airbrush. It actually looks like a gas fire. That would be smooth as all getout. I'm gonna have to print my own decals as soon as money allows.

Top Bottom