This week's Zens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fibonacci

Fibonacci

This is a weeks worth of work for a buddy.

Purpleheart, Zebrawood, and something from my box that is purple-ish brown with an orange stripe. Most of the orange turned away, but I can't seem to get a picture of the stuff that remains.

Attachments

• IMG_4699.jpg
    IMG_4699.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_4700.jpg
    IMG_4700.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4701.jpg
    IMG_4701.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

The middle one is purpleheart. It is the last one that I am not sure of.

I don't think it is cocobolo because of the yellow/orange strips. I have worked with cocobolo several times.

Fibonacci

I like how light they are, how easily they go together, the magnetic cap, and how they write, but I really don't like the lip where the nib meets the body and I am not a fan of the metal cap on the wood pen.

I can't come up with a way to do the magnetic cap without that lip though.

I keep making them because they are wildly popular (around here).

el_d

I don't think it is cocobolo because of the yellow/orange strips. I have worked with cocobolo several times.

Nice zens.

I've worked with cocobolo several times with an orange, yellow, purple-ish brown. Nice stuff, how does it smell? Sweet???

Fibonacci

Nice zens.

I've worked with cocobolo several times with an orange, yellow, purple-ish brown. Nice stuff, how does it smell? Sweet???

It could be then. All of the cocobolo I have used before was purchased in bulk from the same source, so it might have just not had those streaks. The square blank looked two tone brown with fairly defined grain lines.

When I turned it, a yellow/orange stripe showed up and the whole thing looked much more purple. When I put the finish on, it all darkened to the colors you see above.

I don't know about the smell. I have gotten in the habit of wearing a respirator any time I am turning.

Top Bottom