This weeks work.......A Perfect Grip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I had a new pen client that bought quite a few pens in December. He requested something in the line of a Perfect Fit pen, but he has a problem with his fingers slipping, so I made these up, hopefully there is something he will like. Preferablly all of them :D

Black wood, Afzalia burl, Cocobolo, Cocobolo, Afzalia Burl w/Sapwood

200511520922_DSC01190.jpg

This was made up for stock. Leapordwood Cigar, BOW Jr. Ball Pen, Coco Cigar.

2005115201113_DSC01198.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkirkb94

Beautiful looking pens,Anthony! Sometime I have got to try adding grips like yours to some pens and see how they sell.[:)] And congrats again on your 1000 posting!!! Kirk[8D]

WoodChucker

Anthony, I see you've been very busy making some beautiful pens. They look great,as always. I really like the middle cocobolo one on the top photo and all three of the bottom ones look great. In fact, I like all of them except one, and it's not your work, It's just the wood, can you guess which one it is? [:D] Oh,and congrats on the 1000 post, was there ever even a doubt? lol. Again, nice job!

R.T.

PenWorks

Well you narrowed it down pretty good RT, I think I have a 50/50 chance on this one. You think the Blackwood S*cks [:D] My opinion as well. There was not enough light grain in it. There is some, but the light has to be just right. I though it would hide the O rings better. I made another black wood and put a rubber grip on it from a pen I bought at the store, didn't like it at all. I was supose to put a rubber grip on the Afzalia with sap wood, but couldn't get myself to cut that pretty sap wood off [:p] Thanks, Anthony

PS Any body have any orangish cocobolo for sale??

PenWorks

Well then I take back what I said about the blackwood [:D] It still needed to have more grain for my taiste.

The clue would suggest the leapord wood, but you said you liked the three on the bottom [?] So I'll say the leapord and that's my last guess, I don't want to condem all the pens I made [:D]

WoodChucker

Well I guess we can't all be detectives. [:D]

It was the top one, and it's not really that bad. I was just seeing if you would remember what I said about that one pen you made that looked like a piece of meat. And guys, don't think I'm putting down his work, I only wish I was that good. God I hated saying that.[:D]

R.T.

PenWorks

Boy, I hope you didn't bite your tonque to hard on that one getting it out [:D]

I'll have to blame it on the photo, That wood is real red and the cream sap wood looks really nice, that's why I didn't whack to bottom off. In fact, the wood was so nice, I even put the nicer trim band on it. (I mean as nice as 10K trim bands can be) and you can't tell how nice the little bell at the bottom is.

But that's why I made the selection, everbody has different taistes, I just hope he takes at least 2 out of the 5, 3 would be better [:D]

I still like the new Jr. ball pen for quality of parts. That really seams like a solid twist pen, compared to others.

Thanks again Inspector Clouseau [:D] your coments are allways appreciated. [:p] I had to look that up to see how to spell it. Found out Steve Martin is doing a remake of the Pink Panther.

bajacrazy

Very nice work, Beautiful looking pens, Anthony.[8D]

Don't know if I'm crazy about leapord wood, I guess I better start liking it as I just purchased 150 blanks. I can only hope that mine turn out only half as nice as yours[:D]

tipusnr

Great variety in your pens. I like the o-ring grips and will have to try that sometime. As "Eagle" is fond of saying -"So many ideas...so few pens" - or something like that!

PenWorks

Well, my client just left, he did buy three pens, just not the three I thought. He bought 2 Jr ball pens, the BOW & spalted Tamerin, liked the weight & feel, and the dark cocobolo perfect fit. Did not like the O ring idea at all. Anthony

WoodChucker

Congrats Anthony, still a good sale and another happy customer out the door to show off your work, it's almost like having hired help. [:D]

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom