This Weeks Work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VirgilJ

VirgilJ

I turned these for my first ever crafts fair coming in early December. I've never really sold any pens before or had a table in an event so I'm hoping these are good enough to draw some intrest. I really don't know what to expect.

Attachments

• AJG Plastic (R).jpg
    AJG Plastic (R).jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 240
  • AJG Wood(r).jpg
    AJG Wood(r).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VirgilJ

Thank you all for the comments!

This morning I got my first commision for ten slimlines in Olive wood and one of the App Jr Gents shown above in a in a burl. A friend of my wifes that saw my pens laying on the kitchen counter and bought four of them, needs gifts for speakers at a HOBY symposium and thought my pens would be the perfect gift.

I stopped turning in 2007 and didn't even turn on my lathe on until about five weeks ago. So far I've sold 36 pens and never left my kitchen!! Hope that bodes well for my upcoming crafts sales.

VirgilJ

That's a good idea Harry. They used to sell underware in sets with the days of the week on them. That kind of died out. I guess people stopped changing their underware every day. I don't see why we couldn't do the same thing with pens. I could have a day of the week engraved on each pen. Now I just need a pen pouch that holds seven pens!!

Top Bottom