This week's pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from The Penguin

The Penguin

The previous "Cougar Quickie" pen was a hit in the office so I made a couple more for gifts. Next to that is a cigar with El Mostro's copper & green turquoise blank and finally a Texas Hybrid from Curtis - live oak burl with blue alumilite. Sorry - the blue didn't show in the picture. One of the cougar pens is going to a fellow pen turner (he's not on IAP) who is a U of H alumnus. The rest were made for my receptionist to give as gifts.

I really need to replace my camera.

I was having issues with fine scratches in Eugene's blank, so off to Woodcraft for a "acrylic buffing system" - wow what a difference! I really have had no issues with using micromesh, other than time and mess (water). The buffing system is so much quicker, and the results are just as good!

image-1805354212.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Nice pens Shawn. I really like the one from Curtis. You got to any of Tru-stone blanks you won in the bash yet?

The Penguin

no, haven't had the courage to get into them yet.

I tried a tru-stone blank a long time ago and it crumbled while drilling it...it was a black one though - so maybe that had something to do with it.

edicehouse

no, haven't had the courage to get into them yet.

I tried a tru-stone blank a long time ago and it crumbled while drilling it...it was a black one though - so maybe that had something to do with it.

I jacked up one trustone, but realized I was drilling too fast. I now drill some, go get a soda, drill some, smoke a cig, drill some, ect.

Justturnin

I jacked up one trustone, but realized I was drilling too fast. I now drill some, go get a soda, drill some, smoke a cig, drill some, ect.

Great, just more expenses. I just got some trustone and now I have to go buy some soda and start smoking. At least I already have the socks....

tkbarron

Nice job Shawn. I'm a big fan of Curtis's hybrid blanks. If you get a chance, please take and post more pictures of that one pen!

Tom

Top Bottom