Weekend's work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from punkinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

Well, I finally finished the Pen-in-the-Hat project this weekend and it will be in the mail tomorrow, Buzz ! I hope you like it. I've never attempted anything like the "second part of the project" before. I hope my inexperience doesn't show too much. :) I won't post images of it until it's received....

And I also did these two pens too, both with wood from Dario. I *LOVE* the Manzanita Euro... the flaming and beautiful figure in these blanks is just gorgeous. The photos show a little of the figure but doesn't do it justice. Dario, I'm addicted and need more... soooo much more. :D The cigar is from Chechen burl, which is really colorful and lovely. I managed to fill a small void by attempting a CA finish. I need more practice, but I might be able to get the hang of it. ;)

First, the Manzanita Euro:
IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

And the Chechen burl Cigar:
IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

Best regards,
Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

punkinn

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Love the manzanita wood, the shape is not my favorite but otherwise well done.

The look of that shape doesn't do anything for me either, but it's very comfortable for my writing habits and I made it to be my daily writer. I'm also trying to work on ending up with a well-balanced pen, which for the most part eludes me no matter what I do, cut perfectly straight lines, sculpted or concave, doesn't seem to matter. I can't get what I feel is a good balance in the hand. But that keeps me tryin, too! :)

The wood is soooo pretty though.

Thanks!
Nancy

BigRob777

Punkin,
Very nice. I just did a stopper in Manzanita and I fell in love with the burl too. I'm making it a part of my burl special, which is still weeks away. Keep up the good work.
Rob

punkinn

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Punkin,
Very nice. I just did a stopper in Manzanita and I fell in love with the burl too. I'm making it a part of my burl special, which is still weeks away. Keep up the good work.
Rob

Thanks Rob..... Glad to hear you're going to have some manzanita available! I'm all over it then! Save me some nice blanks! [:)]

Nancy

Dario

Nancy,

You surely did a very good job finishing that manzanita...one of my favorites too. I am ranking it up there with red mallee actually.

I am a B2B turner but exprimenting a bit now too with some curves. It is not for looks but for ergonomics and I think I found a compromise for myself.

punkinn

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Nancy,

You surely did a very good job finishing that manzanita...one of my favorites too. I am ranking it up there with red mallee actually.

I am a B2B turner but exprimenting a bit now too with some curves. It is not for looks but for ergonomics and I think I found a compromise for myself.

Dario,

Thank you! The manzanita almost finished itself... it must be at least somewhat oily like the rosewoods (?).

I like the Euro pens for size but with straight barrels it's just not a comfortable writer to me. For my convoluted hand position, this works pretty well but the balance/weight still isn't "just right."

Email coming to you separately....

Nancy

Ron Mc

Nancy,
I have a large amount of Manzanita that I harvested from my parents land in Northern CA. Now that I have seen how beautiful your pen is I may have to give it a go!
Well done.

punkinn

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Nancy,
I have a large amount of Manzanita that I harvested from my parents land in Northern CA. Now that I have seen how beautiful your pen is I may have to give it a go!
Well done.

Ron,

Wait until you see the desk clock my BF is making me from a manzanita root burl. [:)]

Definitely try some of your stock... Manzanita just moved past black cherry burl as my current favorite. [:D]

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom