This weekends efforts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianwolf

Well now that I have a working lathe again and had so many different woods to work with after trading with your guys, I figured I would actually make some pens (go figure). In fact, I was so busy making pens that I missed the rush on Joel's Aussie Burls [:0]

My pics suck, but I'm using a Sony Cybershot that is pretty basic, so nothing I can do about it really.

Purpleheart Euro Fountain Pen in Titanium Gold. Commissioned piece. Don't know that I'll do this kit again due to the metal to metal threading.
20071125233038_Purpleheart%20Euro%20Fountain.jpg

The one that isn't salable. a BOW modified slimline. I should have tried this on cheaper wood to start. The nib end is fairly out of round. About 1/16th of an inch in fact. but now I know how to do them. (I'll be buying some of CNC's custom bushings for these guys.)
20071125232922_BOW%20Midified%20Slimline.jpg

Cocobolo on a Titanium Gold 7mm Euro. Commissioned piece. DAng I love turning this stuff.
20071125232937_Cocobolo%20TG%20Euro.jpg

Desert Ironwood on a Chrome Cigar Set. Commissioned pieces. I wish photos could capture what this really looks like.
20071125232950_Desert%20Ironwood%20Cigar%20Set.jpg

Last but not least
Lignum Vitae on a Chrome Sierra. I love the smell of this wood. Almost a citrus smell. Also Extra tubes in Amboyna Burl, Desert Ironwood, Dyed BEB - Wine, Spalted Mango, Canarywood, and Irish Hawthorn.

011_Lignum%20Vitea%20Sierra%20with%20Other%20Tubes.jpg

I have one more set that I'm working on, but the client wants the wood stained [B)] and I want to show them a sample before I work the pieces. The I have 7 more that I have to order kits for before I can work them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great work Mike!

The pict with the several blanks made me think of a possible sales idea. If some company would make a screw-in for the cap of the Sierra, offer the screw-in couplings as a separate option, then additional interchangeable finished blanks could be sold. The customer could change out the color as he or she wishes.

Russianwolf

Originally posted by leehljp
<br />Great work Mike!

The pict with the several blanks made me think of a possible sales idea. If some company would make a screw-in for the cap of the Sierra, offer the screw-in couplings as a separate option, then additional interchangeable finished blanks could be sold. The customer could change out the color as he or she wishes.
That would make plating changes a breeze too. Don't like Gold, swap it to Platinum right on the spot with no tools.

Okay, Lee and I came up with this first, so whoever markets this will have to pay us a royalty. [;)]

Actually Lee, I have been planning on doing up sierra tubes in as many woods as I can find. Then when I actually get around to doing a show, have them set up as part of the display so people can get an idea of the woods available. These would be similar to the wood samples that Whaler came up with over on BT3central (I already had the idea at the time but didn't elaborate on it then.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom