For the weekend - a twist with a twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Steve Busey

Steve Busey

It's been a long dry spell away from the shop, but am starting to make some sawdust once again.

Here's a Red, White & Blue experiment from a Don Ward tutorial, using a slimline twist kit and some dyed woods from Constant with scrap white acrylic for the band. And just for grins, trying a 3D photo! What do you think - can you see it?

RWB Mod Slim-3D.jpg

(Hint if you're having problems seeing 3D: Look at the picture, and hold one finger between you and the monitor. Focusing on the picture, you should see two "phantom fingers" - position so there's one phantom finger over each pen in the picture. When you have that, change your focus to the finger until you see just one "real" finger. Once you see that, quickly look behind that finger to the "center" pen, move your finger out of the way and take a look!)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I can see it...and both of 'em....and all three...and once I thought I even saw 4. They were all nice. Glad you enjoyed the article and found time to try out making the pen. Thanks also for the credit. I think your long dry spell is over...and that you don't have another for awhile. The pen looks exceptionally nice in 3D,
do a good turn daily!
Don

It's been a long dry spell away from the shop, but am starting to make some sawdust once again.

Here's a Red, White & Blue experiment from a Don Ward tutorial, using a slimline twist kit and some dyed woods from Constant with scrap white acrylic for the band. And just for grins, trying a 3D photo! What do you think - can you see it?

View attachment 32163

(Hint if you're having problems seeing 3D: Look at the picture, and hold one finger between you and the monitor. Focusing on the picture, you should see two "phantom fingers" - position so there's one phantom finger over each pen in the picture. When you have that, change your focus to the finger until you see just one "real" finger. Once you see that, quickly look behind that finger to the "center" pen, move your finger out of the way and take a look!)

Top Bottom