Weekend projects

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

The Pensar pair a new kit I got from Bear tooth Woods.
The Hymark kit is also a new product. It holds sharpies and comes with two different nibs for different types of markers.

The Rouge Cigar holders are also a new offering. These two are in bubinga and afzelia lay.

Attachments

• Pensar pair.JPG
    Pensar pair.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 267
  • SharpieHolder1a.JPG
    SharpieHolder1a.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 210
  • SharpieHolder1b.JPG
    SharpieHolder1b.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Stogie Hoders.JPG
    Stogie Hoders.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 257
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

I am happy with the Pensar. I like the mechanism and its smoothness.

As long as you use the same blank for the two small tubes or a single blank w/o the CB, I think the Pensar is good looking. Mix the materials on the small tubes, not so pleasing.

FYI, Woodcraft calls the Pensar the Pluma.

eranox

I love those cigar tubes. I've been thinking about trying a couple out. Were they difficult to make?

jjjaworski

I love those cigar tubes. I've been thinking about trying a couple out. Were they difficult to make?

The hardest part is drilling the long tube. I step drilled and adjusted lathe speeds according to the size of the drill bit. Pretty slow for the finish size and clear chips often.

I had about 1/4 inch longer blanks and then trimmed after drilling a bit longer than the tubes.

I turned them between centers using a large 60 degree point held in my scroll chuck. ( The aluminum oneway cone center I got with my live center ). It is easy enough to turn something up that will work in a similar fashion.

I also made one using a large acrylic blank. Drilling was a bit more stressful.

They assemble very easily.

jjjaworski

Very nice. Thoughts on the hymark please! Is it jus too big or okay given that it's a marker?

The Hymark is okay but still on the bulky side. It does require a longer than standard blank though.

I gave two as a birthday present to our resident scenic designer and he liked them. Like most writing instruments, it is very personal.

The two nibs sections allow for a regular sharpie and the fine point ones.
Assembly was a snap.

firewhatfire

What is the largest pen that will fit inside of the Rogue cigar holder. Thinking that would make an excellent "matching" high end addition to a pen worthy of a custom case.

Top Bottom