Weekend projects

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

Here is what I finally got to do this weekend. The top is from a set of 4 pens that I made in Honduran Rosewood which is one of my favorites. The 4 will be Christmas gifts. The second is a Slimline in Maple Burl. The third pen is Walnut Burl. This just might become my favorite wood. Easy to turn and the sheen is beautiful in light.:) The forth is my second attempt at a bottle stopper. It's in Zebra Wood. A gift also. Kirk [8D]

200412122164_weekend%20projects.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkirkb94

The bottle stoppers are giving me a chance to see what I can do with my tuning tools. I initially bought some 2x2 lumber at Home Depot and have been experimenting on it so that I don't mess up a nice blank. I have 2 types of kits so far. The Chrome Silicone Wedge Bottle Stoppers that are on sell now at Bill's and the long thinner ones that I bought at Woodcraft. I have learned to try the next smaller drill bit than is recommended. Softer woods seem to demand this. You can always use a larger bit if needed. Plus I seem to be able to turn out a stopper faster than pen. Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom