Weekend Play Time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan26

Dan26

Finally got out to the garage this weekend and finished up some pens and started some new ones. Some were started in December but I had no kits.

Left to right:
Persimmon on Gunmetal Streamline
Cocobolo on Black/Chrome Sierra
Red/Black Acrylic on Black/Chrome Sierra
Zigzag kit from Kallenshaan on Black/Gold Sierra
Walnut/Maple on Black/Gold Sierra
Blue/Black Acrylic on Black/Chrome Sierra
Attempt scroll saw/casting on Black/Gold Sierra (thanks Jeff, you got me started and the wheels are turning)
Spalted Sassafras (I believe) on Chrome Streamline.

All wood has 8 coats of BLO/CA, then wet sanded with MM to 12,000 and plastic polish (except the walnut/maple - no MM, just plastic polish).

Acrylics done the same with no BLO/CA. This was the first time I wet sanded and it's AMAZING! Still improving, but all the tips from you pros are helping a lot. Thanks.

Dan

Attachments

• Weekend Pens 3-14-10.jpg
    Weekend Pens 3-14-10.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 230
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Good weekend and a real nice looking batch of pens. I am partial to the scroll saw pen, Ya gotta watch that Jeff, he can be a real influence.

Dan26

Thanks guys. Jeff is pretty creative and full of ideas. My wife suggested fish instead of leaves. So I will try that, but first I need to work on my casting. Had lots of troubles with bubbles. Also need to get more creative with the color. What surprised me the most is the last pen I did was the Walnut/Maple segment. I usually micromesh after CA but decided to skip the MM and went straight to plastic polish and the result was great. I don't think this will be the norm, but just didn't expect it.

Top Bottom