Weekend order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Received an order for 12 pens while I was in Provo. Finished it this afternoon. 4 cigars in big leaf maple burl, one cigar in buck eye, 5 modified slimlines in macadamia nut and two pentel pencils in buck eye. As always, comments welcome. These are nothing special, but I thought I would share anyway.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

200562745158_VR%20order.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Don, you are WAY too modest, as always. Those look GREAT! What finish did/do you use?

My only comment is, isn't the tip sticking out a little far on that cigar?

PenWorks

Nice sell Don, good looking pens. The Pentel pencils in that buckeye came out nice. That was a good deal, should have bought a couple of bundles myself.

its_virgil

Jim: Thanks! I use CA/BLO finish. Sanding sealer, sand to 12000MM, apply 3 coats of CA/BLO and sand to 3200MM, buff with tripoli and white diamonds and final polish with HUT Ultra Gloss and a final treatment with TSW. And, yes, the pen tip is out, but it was twisted to be out (I hope). I'm sure it was. Checked and double checked all the pen for proper functioning.

Justin: I was going to make closeup pics but packaged the pens this morn to be shipped. I would unpack and shoot closeups, but the pens must meet a deadline and must be mailed this morn. What did you want to see close up. The big leaf maple, macnut, or the buckeye.

Anthony: Yes, this is the buckeye I purchased at the swap meet. It is turning out very nice. Do you need some? And, it was a nice sell. Looking for more like it.

Do a good turn daily!
Don\

Deere41h

Is this the same lucky Don that won a lathe at Provo? An order too? Way to go Don. They are really nice. I too like the buck eye. Must have been some good shopping at Provo. Just another reason to try to get there in the future.

Nice work Don!!

its_virgil

Thanks John. I'm going to bubbasville tuesday evening (6/28)...if you can make it I'll give you some of the buckeye. If not, I'll save you some until SWAT.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Deere41h
<br />Is this the same lucky Don that won a lathe at Provo? An order too? Way to go Don. They are really nice. I too like the buck eye. Must have been some good shopping at Provo. Just another reason to try to get there in the future.

Nice work Don!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom