weekend of fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbjwood2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbjwood2000

Got to spend the weekend in the shop having fun. first time trying to make center bands. really like the way they look over orginals. hopefully will get better over time. also first time to try turning stems for wine goblets. happy with my first and wife went straight the phone to order more for bizarre in dec. need help with what to use to glue though. they are paduak, bocote, babinga and cocobolo.

Image Insert:
200491464246_MVC-034S.jpg

35.98KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

now that is a nice mix of work. Good use of leading lines for perspective.
What did you use to afix the glasses to the stems? It looks like a bead of silicon?

C_Ludwigsen

Excellent work, Jeff. Did you make your pen display yourself as well? I had to re-read your post a couple times because I read it as "happy with first wife more bizarre in dec". Man, I must have been around the lacquer too long last night [;)].

Everything looks good. I too want to know what the rings are for???

Chuck

wayneis

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your first Wife but what I want to know is where did you order from and how many more did you order. I'm afraid to ask about this bizarre that you are getting ready for if you have to have several wives for it. What do you do with all of them when the bizarre is over? Kinda sounds bizarre.

Wayne

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Epoxy would seem to be your best bet, Jeff. It bonds extremely well to both wood and glass. Just remember to mix it carefully according to the manufacturer's instructions. Also, if possible, avoid any type of poly finish on the wood as epoxy and poly don't bond well. One final thought...since epoxy is a bit of a pain to work with, get a bunch of product ready for assembly all at once. That way you only have to prepare and clean up once!

jbjwood2000

Thanks for the replies! more than one wife would be bizarre since i can not keep up with the one i have. good thing i make my living on the back side of a shovel, might otherwise end up in a hole covered somewhere.
made the pen stand about a month ago. sorry about the rings in back, didn't mean for those to be there. one of the first progects i did for my one and only wife. they are napkin rings and stand. thought i was using adhesive, but ended up being silicone to attach. have to pull them apart and use epoxy (on the glasses). thanks for the advice.
ordered from CSUSA. ordered 12 martinis, 16 champane & 16 wine goblets. now to find time to do them all would be nice.

jbjwood2000

Haven't quit figured it out yet. have about $50 to $60 into the set. about 10 hrs. time. still trying to teach myself how to do things on lathe, plus shipping to Alaska always runs more. was hoping to get about $150 a set. would this be to much to ask for? not up to stardard for pen pricing, but still new to all this. should make great christmas presents if they don't sell. just put my first pens out on consignment today to test the waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom