Weekend Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

I finally had time in the shop and after having to sand down and refinish the Ligum Vitae pen once and working the Maple for the 3rd time this is what I came up with. The Ligum had a band all the way around it that did not take finish so I took it sanded it back down and cleaned it with Acetone the finish worked alot better. The maple was my first attempt at a Cigar and had the center bushings backwards and the second round had a haze and bump in finish.

Give them a look and let me know.

cigarpenpics006.jpg

cigarpenpics007.jpg

cigarpenpics001.jpg

cigarpenpics003.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

The finish looks good to me on both. I have messed up the bushings myself too so don't feel bad. On the first one pictures is the nib not pushed in all the way or is the wood wider than the nib? I can't tell. They both look nice to me I like the first one best personally.

firewhatfire

it is pushed all the way in, there is a ring next to the wood that I have not figured why it is smaller a little bit. I am going to take them both apart and eith turn something to put in there or what I am not not sure.

Phil

Jgrden

Don't feel bad. I just picked up a pen from a gentleman that paid seventy-five dollars for one of my refinished copper segmented ebony's. There was problem with the ring around the nib where I had accidentally rubbed the paint coat off and exposed the under metal. I noticed some inconsistencies in the wood as well. Took that sucker completely apart and replaced the metal parts and refinished the outside. Now he has a pen to be proud of. I had to leave my leather pen with him, which I value at one hundred and twenty five dollars.

Top Bottom