Weekend cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from punkinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

Not a lot to show off for this weekend's work. I turned 5 or 6 pens but the others were just average looking. The two cigars came out nicely though.

Spalted Maple:
s2is_1501.jpg

Zebrawood 45° cut:
s2is_1494.jpg

Have a great week, everyone.
Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Very nice Nancy! Looks like you're picking this up pretty quickly! Nice job on the finish on the Spalted Maple.

Can I offer a suggestion WRT your pics? If you keep the pen essentially paralell to the front of the camera, the whole thing will stay in focus (more like your 2nd pic), it's size won't look distorted, and it will be easier for us to see the great job you did!

punkinn

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Very nice Nancy! Looks like you're picking this up pretty quickly! Nice job on the finish on the Spalted Maple.

Can I offer a suggestion WRT your pics? If you keep the pen essentially paralell to the front of the camera, the whole thing will stay in focus (more like your 2nd pic), it's size won't look distorted, and it will be easier for us to see the great job you did!

Thanks Jim. I was sort of going for an "artsy" thing with the shallow depth of field and framing the pictures as I did, but you're right, it doesn't work all that well when photographing pens. [:)] That Maple polished up beautifully; I was surprised it cut so well, too.

Thank you! I will try to remember the camera:pen position when I take pen pics again.
Nancy [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom