Week- end Fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
The first one is Karls Earth cast Simbawa , both are Fat Cigars from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods . The second nightmare , is Spalted Live Oak from Bruce Egolf . Thanks Ernie & Bruce ! My first time turning both of these blanks ! Comments & critiques solicited . Thanks for looking ! [8D]

2008427224851_IMG_0087.jpg

2008427225010_IMG_0088.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Karl ! If I had your phone number , you would have gotten a call ! I didn't know how to finish that Earthcast . SO , there is no CA on it . I also painted the blank white ![:eek:)] What was I thinking ?? I wasn't ! SORRY Karl . I'll just have to buy another blank . I really love the pattern . [8D]

karlkuehn

Banned
I like the white on the inside of the blank! I usually use a dark blue paint on mine, but the white looks cool, too! I usually turn the Hybrid stuff a little smaller than the bushings and then just put a thick coat of CA on. That way you can buff it without going through. It looks great, though! :D

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by karlkuehn

I like the white on the inside of the blank! I usually use a dark blue paint on mine, but the white looks cool, too! I usually turn the Hybrid stuff a little smaller than the bushings and then just put a thick coat of CA on. That way you can buff it without going through. It looks great, though! :D
Thanks again friend ! I'll do that on the next one ! I'll be in touch ! [8D]

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Woody & Steve ! I can take credit for turning the pens , but Karls awesome blanks are the good parts . They are worth every dime as far as I'm concerned . Thanks for your compliments ! [8D]

Dan_F

Both of these look great, and your photos are really coming along too. The first is just a wee bit out of focus in the extremities, which would go away if it was more parallel to the back of the camera. Color and exposure are good.

Gotta love Karl's blanks.

Dan

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by Dan_F

Both of these look great, and your photos are really coming along too. The first is just a wee bit out of focus in the extremities, which would go away if it was more parallel to the back of the camera. Color and exposure are good.

Gotta love Karl's blanks.

Dan
Thanks Dan ! I guess I did have the pen rotated a little too much ! I'm learning !! [8D]

Top Bottom