Wedding Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from micharms

micharms

This is the wedding pen set I turned for my son and his fiancee. The pens are made from Black with Gold Matrix Gemstone and White with Gold Matrix Gemstone on Triton rollerball kits all from William Wood-Write.I used my new Rotondo carbide tool from Peter (wood-of-1kind) and couldn't be happier.

Hopefully they will be using these to sign the register during the ceremony.

Thanks for looking.

Michael

Attachments

• _MG_2720.jpg
    _MG_2720.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 335
  • _MG_2723.jpg
    _MG_2723.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

micharms

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the compliments.

I learned a lot turning these blanks because I had never turned gemstone before. As you can tell these were special projects and needed to be as near perfect as I could make them. I took a chance and used my brand new, never used before Rotondo on them and I'm glad I had it.

These blanks weren't as difficult to turn as I feared and they sure polish up nicely.

Another thing I learned is thet gemstone doesn't doesn't bounce on concrete and survive. I had another set of the white blanks ready to glue in the tubes but decided I wanted to paint the insides of the blanks with white paint to see what that did to the whiteness. I had the top blank in my hand and reached for the paint bottle to open it. The blank fell out of my hand and hit the floor. It now has a nasty crack in it. I have a lower blank in black (at least it was the opposite from the white) so I guess I'll use them to make a combination pen.

Michael

Last edited:

glen r

As far a bouncing blanks and other struff off a concrete floor that's why it pays to have the rubber mats on the floor. It makes things allot easier on the feet and gives anything dropped a very soft landing. I have 1/2" mats on all parts of the floor that I ever stand on and with a very bad back it makes a big difference.

Also, a very nice set of pens that I'm sure will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Excellent

Great set Michael. I trust this means you finally got the One Way back up and running?
I also like the Pet Urn; hand chased threads eh? One thing I haven't tried yet.

micharms

As far a bouncing blanks and other struff off a concrete floor that's why it pays to have the rubber mats on the floor. It makes things allot easier on the feet and gives anything dropped a very soft landing. I have 1/2" mats on all parts of the floor that I ever stand on and with a very bad back it makes a big difference.

Also, a very nice set of pens that I'm sure will be appreciated.

Glen:
It was just one of those stupid mistakes. I do have the rubber mats down but just not in that area. My shop is so small that I have to be able to move things about to do certain tasks so I have to have some clear floor space. If I had just done the right thing and put the blank down until I needed it this wouldn't have happened. Lesson learned.
Michael

micharms

Hi Larry. Yup the beast is up and running again finally. Just a $400 touch:mad: I'm looking forward to getting started on my Peacekeeper pens and will use them as therapeutic breaks from doing all the darn tax returns I have to do for family!

Michael

Top Bottom