Wedding Pen and Lessons learned

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikebpeters

mikebpeters

It is my folks 50th anniversary and I wanted to do up something special so I put my thinking cap on.

IMG_0062_zps4443443a.jpg

As I have already given them pens for Christmas I needed a better idea so I decided to make something nice for signing the guest registry.

All the metal segmenting trend gave me an idea.

As my mom's ring is white gold and my dad's is gold gold I decided to segment with brass (for my dad's ring) and aluminum (for my mom's ring)

I crossed the segments (talk about pain in the . . . to drill!!!!) and then I glued a crystal in for the diamond.

IMG_0071_zpsce522a73.jpg

I know my photography sucks - I'm having a heck of a time getting my point and shoot to focus properly.

I got it engraved and then colour filled the engraved portion and therein lies the lesson! DON"T SAND a light coloured colour fill or you will just end up colouring the epoxy and making the engraving blend in instead of popping out.

IMG_0063_zpse1e54ed9.jpg

all in all an effort that I am satisfied with but not ecstatic with.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

It's better to move away from the subject, take the photo(in focus) and then crop to the desired size(to show close-up detail)....

The full size photo is a bit dark, but much better to see the details. Nicely done!!!

Scott (Picasa3 is free) B

Top Bottom