Wedding pen - closed end Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

My nephew and his bride to be wanted me to make a wedding pen for them that matched the deep burgandy on the invitations. Exotic Blanks Madreperlato burgundy was as close as it gets. I went with a closed end Sierra, not sure if I have ever seen one done, it probably has, but had to try. I think it will do the job. Yes, the cartridge retracts by holding the bottom and twisting the body. All comments welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• wedding pen 006.jpg
    wedding pen 006.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 328
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Looks like a pretty neat idea. It seems a bit long in my opinion, but weddings bring out all kind of special occasion items lol

ldb2000

Interesting design , it looks good but it needs a desk stand . A funnel made of the same blank material and a black marble base would make it a great desk pen .

jskeen

I Like it! That's a great combination for a desk pen. It still functions just as usual, but looks the part. What's cool is that after the wedding it would be fairly easy to turn a few inches off the back, and if you wanted, add a clip, and you have a nice normal pen for the bride to carry in her purse and remind her of the joyous occasion.

I think I just figured out what to do with those sierra kits I never got around to doing anything with.

Now let's hope somebody at the wedding don't decide they like it too and make it disappear.

CaptG

Great looking pen and an awesome idea.
What did you use for a mandrel?

I used the closed end mandrel from Bill at AZ for the Jr. Gent lower barrel. The Sierra is about .003 larger, but that is close enough for the expanding mandrell to work.

CaptG

I am making a base using a piece of ceramic tile that I am lasering a picture of the kids on, then will epoxy a gold pen holder to the tile. I will also laser the kids name and wedding date on the pen before I send it off.

jason_r

Interesting design , it looks good but it needs a desk stand . A funnel made of the same blank material and a black marble base would make it a great desk pen .

I have made such a pen for a neighbor, and have a long blank and base blank made up now for another person's wedding pen.

Top Bottom